As a business owner, it is important that you know how to write an employee manual especially when you plan on hiring more employees in the future. The manual informs employees what your expectations of them are and what they can expect from your company too such as benefits, rights, and such. This means that your manual should be written in a comprehensive manner that is easy to understand. If you need help with your employee manual we are more than happy to handle your order because we are experts when it comes to writing manuals.
Tips on How to Write an Employee Manual
- Company Overview. You should write a brief overview of your business in your employee manual so employees will know the history as well as mission and vision of your company.
- SOPs. It is important that you highlight the standard operating procedures of your company that everyone should adhere to and the corresponding penalties if employees fail to follow.
- Follow the Law. Labour laws should be indicated in the manual both for employers and employees. This helps both parties to know the rules governing the business and provide protection as well.
- Leave Policies. Your employees would like to know about the leave policies that you are offering. Make sure that you add a chapter for this where they can get the information they need.
- Review Your Manual. Make sure that you go over your employee manual afterward and have someone else in your business review it so that you get all areas covered. Revise accordingly if there are any errors.
7 Simple Steps to Follow to Create an Employee Manual
You have to create an employee manual that your employees will not only read but will actually understand, this task can be overwhelming and daunting. You may be feeling stuck on how to write an employee manual, our 7 steps on how to write an employee manual will save you stress and time, follow these steps and be sure that creating your employee manual will be a breeze!
If you are unsure on how to write a manual for work, let us help you define what it is. The employee handbook, or otherwise known as a staff handbook, it summarises the companies rules, conditions, and staff guidelines. This is usually something that is printed out for newly hired employees and must be signed as an agreement after they have thoroughly read and understood and are happy with the policies, and terms and conditions.
Here are 7 simple steps to follow when creating an employee manual that will intrigue your co-workers and strengthen your company culture:
Before you get started in writing the manual, ensure you have a clear idea of what information you want to include and make sure the structure is well organized and written in a clear format. A structure that is easy to follow, and simply put together will encourage your employees to read on and easily use the manual and find the required information when needed.
By beginning with the mission statement of the business, you can remind yourself of the overall business goal, and also reinforce the general statement to your new employees, this will fortify the companies culture and make it an important statement employee’s won’t forget.
You must write the following important information:
- Recognize antidiscrimination, antiharassment at the workplace
- Code of Conduct
- Miscellaneous employment details
- Safety in the workplace
- Salary information
- Employee perks
- Sick leave policy
- Vacation policy
- Emergency leave policy
- How to manage a complaint
- Any relevant disclaimers
These are less important, but are also helpful to include:
- A welcome statement from the company founder or managing director
- Company culture statement
- Guideline to salary promotion and pay rise/bonus
- Office/business opening hours
- Standard employee expectations including lateness, dress code etc.
- A letter of agreement stating the employee reads and understands the manual and all policies.
In the employee handbook, you should highlight the benefits available to the staff, including employee perks and advantages of being part of the staff. This shows the employees how you are directly investing into them, this can be done by stating the available holidays, providing team days out and pension scheme available to your employees.
Ensure the manual includes a letter of agreement stating the employee reads and understands the manual and all policies, make sure the employees read and sign the manual.
A new physical hard copy of the manual should be handed out to all existing employees as well as any new hires. This can then be read and be on hand in case employees want to refresh their memory and look over the employee manual. You can also save a digital copy in the company server in a public folder for easy, quick access.
How to Write a Manual for Work with Our Expert Writers
If you feel that you are better off hiring a professional manual writing team then place your order with us. Our writers are adept at writing employee manuals regardless of what kind of company that you are running. What we do is gather details about your business, use available laws governing employee and employer relationship, and craft a manual that focuses on both the interests of the business and your workers. We can help you map out a manual that covers all departments in your business so that your company will run without any hitch. When we assign a writer to you, he or she will get in touch with you personally to discuss your order further. If you have any other instructions during the writing phase, feel free to contact your writer. We have customer support available 24/7 if you have further questions. If you need help with understanding how to write a policy and procedure manual, feel free to contact us.
Order Your Employee Manual from the Best
Do you want to know how to write an employee manual? Head to our website and we’ll give you more relevant tips in building an employee manual from scratch. You can also preview samples on our site which you can use as a guide or template for your own documents. And if you need further help in developing your company’s employee manual we are more than happy to give you the assistance you need. We guarantee that you won’t find a better service than ours.